Receives callers at the dealership, determines the nature of their business, and directs callers to their destination. Answers basic inquiries, routes incoming calls, takes messages, and provides basic information to all callers.
- Greets showroom customers and determines the nature of their visit.
- Directs customers to the correct department, notifies the appropriate person that a customer is waiting, and introduces the customer to a salesperson.
- Answers incoming phone calls. Directs caller to appropriate department or individual or takes a thorough message.
- Communicates with callers and visitors in a professional, friendly, and efficient manner.
- Communicates messages to the appropriate parties in a timely manner.
- Types memos, correspondence, reports, and other documents.
- Assists service customers during the morning and evening service rush whenever possible.
- Assists with clerical duties as requested.
- Maintains a professional appearance.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.