This job is archived
https://secure.lglforms.com/form_engine/s/RJcZNRStvSuRb9qBvlLsCA?t=[Register to View]
Friends of Grand Rapids Parks is hiring youth Grand Rapids residents, age 16-20 this summer. If you are interested in exploring green careers such as forestry, landscaping, tree maintenance, civil and environmental engineering, and agriculture, then this opportunity is for you!
Our Green Team program is a 8-12 week summer youth employment program for young adults ages 16-20 years old.
As a Green Team member, you will:
- Earn a paycheck
- Beautify your city and connect to your community
- Develop and strengthen leadership skills
- Explore a wide variety of career paths in the green industry
- Work outside and positively impact the environment
- Receive soft skills training in conflict resolution, team building, work readiness and much more.
Friends of Grand Rapids Parks plants over 750 trees each year. As we look to holistically care for these trees, we need help watering these newly planted trees in the summer months to give them the best chance to survive in an urban environment.