- Talk with strangers and the public daily in-person and on the phone
- Provide Midtown administrative support to ensure programs and operations runs smoothly
- Be open to listening to residents support them as they address concerns or voice needs for change
- Always be open to accepting feedback from the community
- Open to learning about the community and him/herself and grow
- Comfortable engaging directly (in person, by email, and on the phone) when talking with residents whom you may not know and might have different lived experiences
- Provides information by answering questions and requests of Midtown residents
- Working closely with the Executive Director and is willing to speak up when he or she does not understand a task or project
- Supporting the team by performing tasks related to the organization and strong communication
- Maintaining program inventory by checking supplies on an ongoing basis
- Interest in learning about the working environment of a non-profit and how the organization works with the City of GR and other partners
- Skill in writing and messaging (website, social media posts, and engagement program material)
- Able to work independently with guidance after a brief training period
- Ability to use Microsoft Office, Google Drive, and Social Media Platforms
- Other duties as assigned.
The Administrative Services Assistant will work with the Executive Director to provide safety programming and engagement activities throughout the Midtown Neighborhood by being the supportive pillar preparing for events and programming.