- Talk with strangers and the public daily in-person and on the phone
- Try new strategies to provide safety programs and engagement programs for residents of Midtown
- Be open to listening to residents support them as they address concerns or voice needs for change
- Always be open to accepting feedback from the community
- Open to learning about the community and him/herself and grow
- Comfortable engaging directly (in person, by email, and on the phone) when talking with residents whom you may not know and might have different lived experiences
- Working closely with the Executive Director and is willing to speak up when he or she does not understand a task or project
- Interest in learning about the working environment of a non-profit and how the organization works with the City of GR and other partners
- Skill in writing and messaging (website, social media posts, and engagement program material)
- Able to work independently with guidance after a brief training period
- Ability to use Microsoft Office, Google Drive, and Social Media Platforms
- Other duties as assigned.
The Community Engagement Specialist will work with the Executive Director to provide safety programming and engagement activities throughout the Midtown Neighborhood.