Job was saved successfully.
Job was removed from Saved Jobs.
Intern will work under the leadership of the Chief of Staff to the City Manager in collaboration with members of the Executive Office support team. Duties are expected to include:
- Job shadowing (including sitting in on meetings, developing critical listening skills, taking meeting notes, identifying action items and following up, etc.)
- Special projects based on real time needs (such as assembling document packets, compiling notes from various sources into a single document, gathering information from multiple departments)
- Data entry in support of key processes
- Office organizing (files, supplies, etc.)
- Other duties as assigned.
Will include opportunities to meet and interact with the Mayor, City Manager, and other City officials. Ability to maintain confidentiality is required. This is an ideal opportunity for a student interested in government, administration, politics, and related fields.
Grand Rapids, Michigan, United States
The City was incorporated on April 2, 1850. On August 29, 1916, the people of Grand Rapids voted to adopt a Home Rule Charter that abolished their old alderman system and replaced it with a Commission-Manager form of government that, with amendments, is still in effect today. The City Commission has seven elected, non-partisan commissioners, with two commissioners from each of the three wards and...