Position: Grocery Associate
Reports to: Store Owners
Status: Part Time
Pay: Dependent on Qualifications- discussed in Interview
Summary: Provide excellent and accurate customer service to customers at all times under the direction of the Grocery Manager. Responsible for assisting in stocking, receiving, and displaying of center store products. Ensure the highest level of service possible for the South East Market Tribe - owners, customers, and general public at all times. If you're a passionate self-starter, systems thinker and have a strong commitment to equity, social and environmental justice, the South East Market is looking for you.
- Provide prompt, friendly and courteous customer service at all times.
- Answer customer questions, requests, and feedback. Take steps to ensure the needs of customers are met in a timely fashion.
- Offer samples, suggestions and product information to customers.
- Maintain familiarity with all areas of the store to best assist customers.
- Inform customers of pertinent store information.
- Maintain familiarity with monthly specials and promotions.
- Become familiar with South East Market’s mission and values, policies and procedures in order to answer customer questions.
- Answer and route phone calls, take and route messages as needed.
- Stock and rotate products on shelves and displays efficiently and correctly following established merchandising procedures.
- Front, face and display products to ensure full and attractive displays throughout each shift following department procedures.
- Ensure storage and back stock area is properly organized throughout each shift.
- Ensure that department shelves, displays, aisles, & storage areas are in clean, orderly condition, meeting health department & ADA standards.
- Maintain department equipment in working order. Monitor cooler and freezer temperatures and follow established procedures for reporting issues.
- Maintain accurate, up-to-date product signage throughout the department. Notify management of price errors or discrepancies.
- Help unload deliveries as needed.
- Check in and sign for deliveries, verifying quantity and quality. Route appropriate paperwork to the filing system.
- Complete customer transactions using Point of Sale System (currently ShopKeep)
- Assist customers in store, in a prompt, friendly, courteous manner, referring them to other staff as necessary.
- Take initiative to increase your own product knowledge in store. Orient and be helpful to new employees.
- Set a positive example for co-workers.
- Participate in periodic department meetings.
- Participate in periodic inventory counts.
- May be required to cross train and assist other areas in the store when needed. Accept other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Support special store events.
- Ideally coming in with experience working in a retail store environment. Knowledge of whole, natural, and organic foods. Organized, consistently follows through on commitments. Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment. Demonstrated ability to handle multiple demands.
- Communications skills--clear directions, good listener. Experience serving the public.
- Ability to project friendly, outgoing personality. Manual dexterity with hazardous equipment. Ability to lift 50+ pounds.
- Ability to stand for long periods.
- Regular, predictable attendance.
- Open availability including nights and weekends.
- Willingness and ability to learn and grow to meet the changing requirements of the job.
These responsibilities and qualifications are to be shared with at least one other person in support of the responsibilities being met. Depending on the capacity of interested, qualified, mission driven applicants this position can be filled by multiple persons.