Restoring hope and freedom through rehabilitation.
To be the national leader in high-value rehabilitation and post-acute care, and to develop an integrated system of care.
In order to restore hope and freedom, we’ll:
- Work collaboratively and innovatively.
- Include people whose diversity reflects all those we serve.
- Be truthful and respectful.
- Heal with our hands and treat with our hearts.
- Approach our work with joy.
We’ll embrace diversity, equity and inclusion by:
- Treating everyone with dignity and respect.
- Opening more doors to opportunities for underrepresented cultures.
- Growing talent and people.
- Evaluating and eliminating disparities.
- Taking action against injustices, bias and racism.
- Honoring our differences and how to collaborate.
- Educating staff, patients and the communities we care for.
- Restoring hope and freedom, together. SEE MORE https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLJ22hvxoNE
They soon raised enough money to endow a free bed, which subsequently became known as the Mary Free Bed. As the fund – and community need – grew, other women joined the group. It became incorporated in 1911 as the Mary Free Bed Guild of Grand Rapids.
The Mary Free Bed Guild engages in governance and protection of the legendary culture of the most comprehensive rehabilitation provider in Michigan. In addition to holding seats on hospital boards and committees, the 120-plus women of the Guild and Junior Guild provide service, support and sponsorship of many hospital and community events, including:
• Annual Fine Arts Exhibition and reception
• Bikes for the Rest of Us (Introduces children and adults with disabilities to the sport of adaptive bicycling)
• Halloween Heroes Parade (Decorated-wheelchair parade for children and teens)
• Junior Wheelchair Sports Camp
• Hospital Appreciation Day for employees
• Minority and Disability scholarship programs
• Hospitality cart for patients
• Patient escorts and liaisons
• Holiday Lunch for employees